WPHS 2022-2023 Dress Code Policy:
All students are expected to wear neat, acceptable and clean clothing which includes a top (i.e. t-shirt, dress shirt, polo, blouse) bottoms (i.e. pants, shorts, skirt, dress) and close-toed footwear at all times. WPHS wants to provide opportunities for students to express themselves within the set of parameters listed below:
The following types of clothing are prohibited:
- Skirts or shorts above the knee
- Head wear (including hoods, scarves, bandanas, durags, ski masks or other head dressings). This does not include head coverings worn for religious reasons.
- Vulgar or obscene words or graphics on clothing. (E.g., sexually suggestive expressions or actions, profanity, obscenity, drugs, alcohol, or tobacco, or which degrade the integrity of individual groups).
- Crop tops or tank tops
Cell Phone & Electronics Policy:
- UPON ARRIVAL EACH STUDENT’S PHONE IS SECURED IN HIS/HER YONDR POUCH.
- STUDENTS CARRY THE POUCH THROUGHOUT THE DAY.
- UPON DISMISSAL POUCHES ARE UNSECURED.
- School Day starts at 7:30am, after 8am you will need a parent to enter, NO EXCEPTIONS!
- 6 or more unexcused absences are referred to truancy court
- Please submit all attendance notes to Ms. Mathis in the MAIN OFFICE
- Excessive absences (6 or more) or cutting any classes will result in missed instruction and delay your graduation from high school
Book Bag Policy:
There are NO outside book bags allowed in building.
- Students have been provided with clear book bags.
- All students will be allowed to enter the building with clear book bag.
- Absolutely NO outside food/drink will be allowed in the building.
- Any violation of school policy will be subject to disciplinary action.
Bullying is an intentional electronic, written, verbal, nonverbal, psychological or physical act or series of acts directed at another student or students, which occurs in and/or outside a school setting, that is severe, persistent, or pervasive and has the effect of doing any of the following:
1. Substantially interfering with a student’s education;
2. Creating a threatening school environment; or
3. Substantially disrupting the orderly operation of the school.
We take reports of bullying and/or harassment very seriously. Please reach out to an administrator, climate manager, or member of the counseling team for assistance if you note a pattern of bullying.
Policy 252: https://www.philasd.org/src/wp-content/uploads/sites/80/2017/06/252.pdf
Family Handbook: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rfgBoGDxBicdJgoxYXcn2iqAKLOVL6xLuzbEVR9YSvA/edit?usp=sharing